viernes, 26 de agosto de 2016

The box of all boxes



                                
One Tuesday night, I was walking in the forest that is near the city that was covered in snow. Then, I saw many boxes, cardboard boxes to be exact. I thought to myself, why are so many boxes here? Was it a joke without a punch line? Next I decided to open all of those boxes; they were full of bones. I didn’t understand at first, but then I saw this big box that was wooden, smelled familiar, like a friend’s house. The only problem was that the box was full of locked chains. Suddenly, it was decided. I was going to open that box no matter what. I took the chains, and I tried to crack them. They were very rusty, so it was very easy to break the chains. Still, after all that effort, there was still a problem. The lock wasn’t corroded. After racking my brain, I came up with a great idea. I kicked it with all my strength, but it was no use. I heard something anyways, laughter. Surprised I started to look everywhere, but I didn’t see anybody near. The laughter was noisier, I approached the box. The chuckling came from inside it. Stunned by fear, I started to leave, but I wanted to know what was inside. Was it a monster? I asked myself. All of a sudden, I felt a key in my chest, and I wanted to try the key on the lock. Amazingly it worked. In a rush, I opened the box. Inside the box were all my happy memories, they were in a ball (similar to fortune tellers ball). Until this day, I’m happy that I found that box. You may be wondering what happened with the memory ball (that’s what I like to call it). I decided to leave it there in the box because there is no use of living in the past. Since the day I found the box, i want to create new memories every day.

7 comentarios:

  1. This was an interesting piece of reading Sergio. I really like the end, I also think that we cannot live in the past and we must forward, heading to the future. 10/10 IGN great piece m8 ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i liked the end! i agree with you Sergio! Good job :)

    Camila Almonacid.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Great! I got a tad nervous when you mentioned bones and a box that smelled like your friend’s house though, thought it was going to take a turn for the worst, haha!
    I found a few mistakes, which are easy to fix. Paying a little more attention to commas will do wonders for your writing, and finding synonyms that will be the situation will also help out a lot! (for example: “louder” instead of “noisier”). I think these tips will help the readers enjoy your writing a lot more.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Wow. I was scared in the part of the bones but the end is really interesting.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow. I was scared in the part of the bones but the end is really interesting.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I thought you were about to find someone almost dying in the last box ._. but, no lol I really liked the end of your story, it was beautiful ^-^

    ResponderEliminar